What’s New on Campus this November-December?

KVHS students prepare for the annual CSF Thanksgiving food drive. Left to right: Molly Watson (12), Angela Lezama (12), Brooke Watson (12), and Nikki Brooks (12).

Many interesting activities happened at KVHS during the months of November and December, including: The FCCLA drunk and drugged drivers awareness week, the ending of the CSF annual Food Drive, sporting events, planning for the Interact Club talent show, and winter break. 

Throughout a week in December, FCCLA put on dress-up days for National Drug Prevention week. The dress-up days were as follows:

Monday – wake up drug-free; wear your PJs.

Tuesday – keep the peace; wear peace signs or tie-dye.

Wednesday – real friends don’t let their friends do drugs; twin with your bestie.

Thursday – tune out drugs; dress like a rockstar.

Friday – team up against drugs; wear your favorite sports team’s jersey.

Pictures were taken at the tennis courts every day. 

This year was the second year of the annual CSF food drive. Angela Lezama started the food drive project last year with Molly and Brooke Watson and they put it on again this year. Angie stated that she thinks “the food drive was a success this year. We were able to collect many donations and provide food for multiple families.” When asked what made her come up with the idea of a food drive she said: “During quarantine, I constantly thought of ways I could help those who needed it… I realized that many families within my community often lacked proper meals and I decided to start a food drive to help this cause.”

This year the Interact Club is putting on a school-wide talent show! Auditions with be on the 9th and 16th of March, so be sure to start getting your acts together!! Talk to Joelle Watson in the counseling office if you’re interested in auditioning. There will be paperwork to fill out, so be sure to sign up sooner rather than later!

The sports that are active right now are basketball, soccer, and wrestling. The girls’ soccer team has a current record of 4-1-1. Four wins, one tie, and one loss. Be sure to come out and support our Lady Broncs this Tuesday the 4th at their home game against Desert. Our basketball teams have home games on the 4th, 5th, and 7th this week so be sure to come out and support them too! You can get into any home game for free with your ASB sticker; if you’re interested in purchasing one, go talk to Mrs. Walters in the counseling office. 

Winter break was from the 18th to the 2nd this year. Students were able to spend time with their families, get a break from school, and relax during this time. Unfortunately, we are still in a pandemic, so traveling was more difficult and riskier than in our pre-COVID world. 

Welcome back to campus, Broncs!