Kern Valley Highlights

The Student News Site of Kern Valley High School

• March 14Quarter 3 ends on March 15th.
  • January 22Now recording sports scores! Be sure to check in often to keep up to date with the latest sports news.
  • October 13Welcome to Kern Valley Highlights! Check out our newest articles today.

Kern Valley Highlights

Kern Valley Highlights

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Hispanic Cultural Celebration

On May 6, the high school students that are part of the Spanish language program at Kern Valley high school performed a Spanish cultural performance for the students of Southfork Wallace and Kernville Elementary. A high school Spanish cultural performance that involves students of all levels in singing, dancing, and acting can be highly beneficial for elementary school children who watch it. Such a performance not only exposes young students to the cultures of Spanish-speaking countries but also provides them with an engaging and interactive way to learn about language and traditions. Elementary students can see practical applications of the Spanish language, making it more interesting and accessible. The inclusion of various forms of artistic expression(music, dance, and theater)shows different learning styles and can inspire younger students to appreciate and perhaps pursue learning Spanish with greater enthusiasm. The Spanish performance is also beneficial to the kids in high school who perform it. They get a more interactive sense of the class that they’re in. Not just learning language, but learning the culture itself. It was fun to watch and perform.