Kern Valley Highlights

The Student News Site of Kern Valley High School

• March 14Quarter 3 ends on March 15th.
  • January 22Now recording sports scores! Be sure to check in often to keep up to date with the latest sports news.
  • October 13Welcome to Kern Valley Highlights! Check out our newest articles today.

Kern Valley Highlights

Kern Valley Highlights

Jostens’ Renaissance Leadership Conference

Our Kern Valley ASB and Class officers had a great time going to the Jostens’ Renaissance Leadership Conference. Our school’s theme was minions and we had these really bad goggles. There were a bunch of other schools there and they all had a lot of energy. At the conference, we entered the auditorium and there was loud music and lots of people dancing. There was even a disco ball. Honestly, it felt like we were kind of out of place since there were so many other people from each school. We weren’t as loud as them and I wish we could’ve brought more of our students since it was a really great experience. We got to talk to people from other schools in this little get to know exercise. There was this motivational speaker named Gian Paul Gonzalez and his motto is to be “all in” with everything that you do. He’s worked with loads of businesses, sports, corporations, and even the army. He was also in the NBA. Payton Forbes even had a face-off with a middle-schooler on stage in a match of rock-paper-scissors. She did end up losing, but it was really nice to see one of our own make it to the big stage. There was a massive mascot dance where our very own Ava Bates battled against a bunch of other mascots. We also heard of some activities that we may use at our next pep rally. All in all, it was super fun and a great experience for each of us.