KV Volleyball: Welcome to the “Block” Party!

The Varsity Volleyball team celebrates after defeating Victor Valley for the Cal City Tournament’s Bronze Bracket Championship!

The Volleyball Lady Broncs have been killing it on the court this season, with both the JV and Varsity teams bringing home first place tournament prizes. With only four games left in the season, the Varsity team has the opportunity to make the league playoffs. The Lady Broncs play Frazier Mountain and Rosamond at home this week, so make sure to show up and display some KV pride! Senior Night against Cal City will take place on October 18th, where the Varsity team’s 5 seniors will be honored: Middle Hitter Brookelynn Gallis, Outside Hitter Roxanne Wooten, Defensive Specialist Quincie Preston, Middle Hitter Kasey Lassen, and Defensive Specialist Abi Fregoso.

Ashley Denys (10), Alaina Thomey (10), Ruby Hawkins (10), and Tami Mondragon (11) cheer on their teammates at Summit.

The Varsity Volleyball team currently holds an overall win-loss record of 9-15. Seniors Gallis and Lassen are both ranked in the top 15 blockers in the High Desert League, while Libero Kassidy Sietsma is ranked in the league’s top 15 for defensive digs. Setter Aspen Hacker, a Sophomore, totals 132 assists over the season, and Freshman Jayda Bushling, the team’s starting Outside Hitter, boasts 40 kills and averages 1.1 kills per game.

Sophomore Ruby Hawkins leads the JV Volleyball team with a 0.318 hitting percentage and an average of 1.8 kills per set. Leading the team in aces is Sophomore Ellie Allen, with a total of 19 aces and an average of 1.4 aces per set. The JV team holds an impressive 10-5 win-loss record overall, and remains a dominant force in the league competition.

“This year started off a little rocky,” says Captain Brookelynn Gallis, “but I’m so proud of these girls and couldn’t wish to be on any other team. These girls play their hearts out every game and they have shown how great we can be!!

Good luck to our volleyball girls, and we hope to see you all come out to support our teams at home in the coming weeks! Go Broncs!